Come to the Feast

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Another Empty Place at the Table

Six months ago on Saturday, Josh was killed in the car wreck. As basketball season approaches, our grief is made new.

A couple of Sundays ago, Pat and I were discussing Linda's illness. Pat told me that he always saw Linda at the bus station and she always gave him a big hug. He said he had missed seeing her.

Last night about 7:30 Linda left this life.

Her husband might not be able to function on his own, and I worry what he will do without her. Pat and I will miss her hugs.

She will not have a big write-up in the obituary section of the paper. But I wonder how many others out there are going to miss the hugs that Linda gave them. More than I know, I'm sure of that.

On this earth, there is another empty place at the table. In Heaven, the angels are rejoicing as another child has come home.

God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
There shall be no more death,
neither sorrow nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain.

For the former things are passed away.
Behold I make all things new, saith the Lord.