Sharing The Load
Trigeminal Neuralgia - check it out on this website:
http://www.medicinenet.com/trigeminal_neuralgia/article.htm
porphyria - check it out on this website:
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/porphyria/
I have wanted to post again but lately just felt too tired. But then I think about my friend and co-worker, J. She has spent the last several days in Killeen with her daughter and granddaughter. And I feel a little bit guilty for feeling tired.
Imagine this:
Imagine that whenever you go outside and are exposed to sunlight, it makes you sick. Not just sunburned, but physically sick. Things like your legs swell, and you get nauseated, and your heart beats too fast, and you get headaches . . . and you frequently end up at the emergency room. But the medication they give you doesn't always help, and the doctors often don't know how to treat you, because they aren't familiar with your illness.
Imagine that sometimes just a breeze blowing across your face can bring on a nerve-wrenching headache. And you frequently end up at the emergency room, because the pain becomes unbearable.
This is the life you live if you have one of the two diseases listed above.
Imagine you have an 8-year old daughter who would like to go play outside, but when you go outside (see above).
Imagine your husband has recently been deployed to Iraq, and when you have to be rushed to the emergency room because the pain has become unbearable, there is no one to care for your daughter.
Imagine having not one, but both, of these diseases.
This is the life of my friend's daughter.
Now, imagine you are living in Abilene. Your father died in December. You are a single woman, you don't earn all that much, your car recently required nearly $2,000 in repairs, and your daughter and granddaughter live in Killeen. The daughter and granddaughter described above. And you get a call that your daughter was just taken to the emergency room. You go, and you get her stabilized and you come home, and then you get the same call again.
And I complain because I'm a little tired.
Since J. has come to work at my office, we have had the opportunity to get to know each other better. We've talked a lot, especially over the last few months as we've shared concerns about Karen. She has listened to me and propped me up. And prayed over me. And sent me funny e-mails and cheerful e-mails and uplifting e-mails. We trade dog stories and cat stories and walk to get coffee together. In short, she has become my friend.
I've really missed her being at the office the last several days. I hate the reason she has to be away. She asks me to keep praying. I'm passing that on to anyone who stumbles to this site. Pray for her and Stefi and Chloe and Eric. For strength, and healing, and a medical miracle and a compassionate person somewhere in the Army who will bring Eric back home to care for his family.
God, you parted the Red Sea and your people walked across on dry land. You spoke the world into existence. We know you have to power to make Stefi well and to change military commander's minds and bring Eric home. So we beg you to work a miracle here. And while we wait, I pray for strength in mind and body for J as she ministers to her child and grandchild. Give the family the rest and peace they need. Give the doctors wisdom as they do tests and read tests and plan treatments. In your name, I plead. Amen.
http://www.medicinenet.com/trigeminal_neuralgia/article.htm
porphyria - check it out on this website:
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/porphyria/
I have wanted to post again but lately just felt too tired. But then I think about my friend and co-worker, J. She has spent the last several days in Killeen with her daughter and granddaughter. And I feel a little bit guilty for feeling tired.
Imagine this:
Imagine that whenever you go outside and are exposed to sunlight, it makes you sick. Not just sunburned, but physically sick. Things like your legs swell, and you get nauseated, and your heart beats too fast, and you get headaches . . . and you frequently end up at the emergency room. But the medication they give you doesn't always help, and the doctors often don't know how to treat you, because they aren't familiar with your illness.
Imagine that sometimes just a breeze blowing across your face can bring on a nerve-wrenching headache. And you frequently end up at the emergency room, because the pain becomes unbearable.
This is the life you live if you have one of the two diseases listed above.
Imagine you have an 8-year old daughter who would like to go play outside, but when you go outside (see above).
Imagine your husband has recently been deployed to Iraq, and when you have to be rushed to the emergency room because the pain has become unbearable, there is no one to care for your daughter.
Imagine having not one, but both, of these diseases.
This is the life of my friend's daughter.
Now, imagine you are living in Abilene. Your father died in December. You are a single woman, you don't earn all that much, your car recently required nearly $2,000 in repairs, and your daughter and granddaughter live in Killeen. The daughter and granddaughter described above. And you get a call that your daughter was just taken to the emergency room. You go, and you get her stabilized and you come home, and then you get the same call again.
And I complain because I'm a little tired.
Since J. has come to work at my office, we have had the opportunity to get to know each other better. We've talked a lot, especially over the last few months as we've shared concerns about Karen. She has listened to me and propped me up. And prayed over me. And sent me funny e-mails and cheerful e-mails and uplifting e-mails. We trade dog stories and cat stories and walk to get coffee together. In short, she has become my friend.
I've really missed her being at the office the last several days. I hate the reason she has to be away. She asks me to keep praying. I'm passing that on to anyone who stumbles to this site. Pray for her and Stefi and Chloe and Eric. For strength, and healing, and a medical miracle and a compassionate person somewhere in the Army who will bring Eric back home to care for his family.
God, you parted the Red Sea and your people walked across on dry land. You spoke the world into existence. We know you have to power to make Stefi well and to change military commander's minds and bring Eric home. So we beg you to work a miracle here. And while we wait, I pray for strength in mind and body for J as she ministers to her child and grandchild. Give the family the rest and peace they need. Give the doctors wisdom as they do tests and read tests and plan treatments. In your name, I plead. Amen.
